BBVA is a global financial group founded in 1857 with a customer focused perspective. It has a leading position in the Spanish market, is Mexico's largest financial institution and has leading franchises in South America and the Sunbelt region in the United States. It is also the primary shareholder of BBVA Garanti in Turkey.
Its aim is to make the opportunities of this new era available to all. This intention focuses on the actual needs of customers: providing the best solutions and helping customers to make the best financial decisions by means of an easy and convenient experience. The bank is based on solid values: the customer comes first, we think big, and we are a single team. BBVA's responsible banking model aims to achieve a more inclusive and sustainable society.
Basic information *
- 110,432 employees
- 81.7 million customers
- Present in more than 25 countries
- 6,083 agencies
- 29,148 ATMs
- Chairman: Carlos Torres Vila
- Executive Director: Onur Genç
* last update: December 2021
BBVA is developing a transformation process that is needed to adapt to the new environment within the financial industry, which is characterized by trends that confirm the group's strategic overview, which is that a reconfiguration of the financial services industry is taking place. These trends are as follows:
- A complicated macroeconomic environment, characterized by strong regulatory pressure, low interest rates, high currency volatility and geopolitical risks.
- A highly regulated banking industry, that is, a traditional banking sector that is subject to a wide range of both global and local regulatory regulations.
- A change in the needs and expectations of customers, who demand higher value-added services that enable them to achieve their objectives, with a simple, transparent and immediate relationship model similar to those they already enjoy with many other highly digitized industries.
- Data is becoming a strategic asset. Given the large amount of data stored within organizations, the ability to interpret and make value proposals to customers is considered critical, provided this is always done with the consent of customers.
- Technological giants, with business models based on data that create ecosystems where different business lines are blurred.
- Greater competition as a result of the arrival of new players who focus on the most profitable aspects of the value chain.
In this context, the main objective of the group's transformation strategy, its aspiration, is to strengthen its relationship with its customers.